Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Going to Stay Home

For the last month, I've been thinking about going back to work...not full time, but part time. The main reason was financial but a small part of me was kind of excited to do something of my own again. The tricky part was that if I did work part time, I'd have to make enough to cover the cost of hiring help and have enough left over to help with the bills and such. Going back to my marketing project management life would take care of that easily but doing contract project work would not give me the flexibility I need with my kids. I considered a handful of other opportunities including helping a friend with a start up. In the end, I came to my senses. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!? I have three kids, one being only 4 months old. How would I possibly juggle all this and be sane? That version of me would NOT be good for my husband and kids. As usual, I'm trying to do too much. So net net, I'm relieved to stay a fulltime stay at home mom.

If anything, I've been feeling like things, important things, are all over the place. I don't feel like I've been doing anything well lately.  Now that Iann's a little bit easier, I need to get refocused and prioritize once again. Discipline, allergies, encouragement, Ellie's birthday, holidays...just some of the things top of mind.

You know, I should've known better than to start looking for a job right now. My rule of thumb is never to let money be the deciding factor for any of my decisions.

PS. I got some photos from a friend so I updated my pumpkin post.

3 comments:

  1. selfishly, glad you're staying home : ) can't have all my mommy friends going back to work. already hardly see the doos as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay home mom is the best for the kids and hubby!!! 100% supporting you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MPark - You don't see me enough? You sure? I'm totally up for doing stuff. I'm so unfocused these days that time just passes and I don't do much.

    @Emme - Thanks so much for the encouragement. I share in your philosophy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...